Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dreams do come true!!!

So today was one of the most awesome days of my life!



I SWAM WITH DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Ok, I got that out of my system, but it was seriously amazing!

This morning at breakfast Aunt Melany told us that months ago she got spots for us to swim with the dolphins! I was so excited I don't think that I could speak, I couldn't believe it! So we drove out to the Keys and went to the Dolphin Research Center. We first got walked around and looked at some of the 19 dolphins that they have there and the 3 sea lions. We also watched a trainer train one of the dolphins.

Then we went off to our session.

We first got into the water with Marina, which is who I'm kissing in the above picture. But then we had to switch pools so the dolphins could play with each other. We then went in the pool with Talon, who is 18 yrs old and over 500 lbs! It was so awesome to swim and play with him!



We even got to give him commands and do imitations. My imitation was to dance together.


Then my command was for him to sit on his tail and go backwards!

After we swam with the dolphins, the day couldn't get any better, so we ate a neat little place called Herbie's then we went to a little beach. At the beach I got WAY too close to a shark and it was awesome and terrifying at the same time! We then took the long way back to the hotel, ate at Cracker Barrel and came back for a movie and bed time! It's the BEST DAY EVER!!!

2 comments:

  1. Brianna, this is so amazing!!!! I'm seriously going to have to do this one day or my life will simply not be complete. And I want to hear more about this shark! I'm gonna keep up with your blog and I hope you keep having fun in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Grandpa would say, "Cool-beans!" This is an experience you will always remember...

    Welcome to the blog world, as I get caught up, too! Gottcha on my list!

    Love,
    Jenn =)

    ReplyDelete