Monday, June 22, 2009

Sharkyness

So, apparently everyone would like to hear more about the shark incident...so here goes!

After the dolphin encounter and we had lunch, we decided to try one of the beaches of the Keys. The problem is that the Keys aren't really made for swimming because it's so shallow for a while. Logan had went out really far to deeper water, so I went out to get him, and there was a man and some kids, but they weren't as far as Logan. The man saw the shark and showed me, and it got maybe 1 foot away, so we high-tailed it closer to shore. I couldn't believe that I was that brave to be so close! That was when Logan realized he should have listened to me to go further in to shore. Later Aunt Melany told us that shallow water is their feeding grounds, and they like to eat when the sun begins to go down. So it made sense for a shark to be there. I think it was a little over 2 feet long! Yikes!

Today we went biking, and we're totally exhausted. Logan had horse riding lessons this morning, we're beat! I'm headed to the movies tonight with some girls that I met at church yesterday! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. What movie did you see? And, did you have fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was the Proposal! It was really good and we did have fun!

    ReplyDelete